Two-Dimensional Vector Quantization Animation
- If the animation appears to be stuck, try moving up or down
the page in your browser.
- The source for the above is a memoryless Gaussian source
with zero-mean and unit variance.
- The tiny green dots are training vectors --- there are 4096 of them.
- The LBG design algorithm is run with .
- The algorithm guarantees a locally optimal solution.
- The size of the training sequence should be sufficiently large.
It is recommended that the number of training vectors should be 1000 times
the number of codevectors.
Back to VQ page